Saturday 28 January 2012

Polaris 26: Wil Wheaton Will Be In You!

This year marks the occasion of two very knerdtastic events. The first being my joining the TCON/Polaris Marketplace department. The second -- which is a much bigger slice of knerd pie -- is the news that Mr Wil Wheaton has agreed to be a Polaris guest. Yeah, completely negates the first bit of this post, I know.

Of all the TNG crew, I most wanted to be like Wesley. I mean, he was brilliant, had a hott brilliant mom and got to flirt with Ashley Judd (rawr). His choosing to live with the Dorvan V Native American settlement to learn from the Traveler was an excellent plot choice which added to the character's appeal and gave Wesley Crusher a fitting farewell.

Mr Wheaton has this certain "Je ne sais what" that makes him stand out from the rest of the Enterprise D crew. You see it come out when he's in an episode of The Guild or Big Bang Theory. Hell, it's even obvious when the dude rolls a D20.

Okay, so the video above doesn't actually show Mr Wheaton rolling a D20, but if you're gonna watch the whole game you need to start at the beginning.

That's enough fanboying for now, I believe. But, in case you missed it, I'm super psyched Wil Wheaton's going to be at a con I just happen to help run.


No comments:

Post a Comment